Friday, April 3, 2009

Can you find the REAL Waldo?

I love this story. I kinda love Waldo too. Not just because I have a thing for brunette tall skinny guys with glasses either.

A few years back for Halloween I was "Where's Wanda Gone Bad"... if you remember, Waldo had a doppleganger girlfriend named Wanda and I dressed as her gone goth with a pimp cane, dog collar necklace, safety-pinned ripped red-striped shirt, and a Waldo heart tattoo. It was particularly fun because as people at that party got drunker, they all kept coming up to me enthusiastically screaming "YAY! I FOUND YOU!"

Before that I randomly spotted a tall skinny guy who was wearing a red and white striped shirt and glasses one night at Boston Beerworks with my old roommate... we later found him drunk off his rocker and groping a young hottie blonde. We laughed the whole night at the thought of the horror of children across the world who were looking for him that night.

However, I would have been for the overwhelming thrill of my life had I been at Rutgers University the other day. 1,052 Waldos (and Wandas from what it looks like)... to break the Guinness World Record for The World’s Largest Gathering of People Dressed as Waldo (ha ha... I love that that's even a CATEGORY!). They also repaired some of the damage of drunky Waldo above by donating 3,000 books to the local New Brunswick School District.

Meanwhile... Waldo turns 21 this year. So look for him in more bars soon!

Via Gothamist


No comments: