Thursday, March 11, 2010

Best Cookbook of all Time

As my leftovers from last nights dinner are warming in the oven now, I figured it was an appropriate time to share my fabulous little gem of a cookbook. I'm kind of a cookbook slut. I have huge stacks in my kitchen of them. Probably no less than 30. But a few years back, my mom asked for this book for Christmas and I gladly gave it to her. After a year of her cooking some truly amazing dishes out of it, I asked for it the following Christmas for myself. It is the "The All-New Complete Cooking Light Cookbook"... although its a few years old so "All-New" doesn't really apply anymore (dumb title choice!). Buy it here.

Its healthy but amazing... and I love when cookbooks tell you how long its going to take before you get in over your head. My mom also pointed out that on the Cooking Light website, you can even view reviews of the recipes from other guests. A tool I'll definitely be using although their indication of "All-time Favorite" recipes has been working pretty well for me.

Some of my favorite recipes from here:
Asparagus with Brown Butter
Gruyere, Arugula and Proscitto-Stuffed Chicken with Shallot Reduction Sauce
Four-Cheese Macaroni (seriously? this is healthy!!!)
Margarita Pizza

Oops... My oven just went off. Time for yummy stuffed chicken leftovers!

No comments: