Friday, September 26, 2008

Job Fun in NYC

So I am shocked with how breezy this whole job hunt went. Why didn't I do this a year ago when I first said I would?!?! Any fear and nervousness is out the door as I regain my confidence as a designer and have made some great networks. Along with responding to a handful of job postings, I did my usual thing of just sending my stuff randomly to the firms I adore. Which really seemed to work in my favor.

I had three interviews this week. Two have told me they want to offer me the position, so I am in salary negotiations... which are making me at ease that, yes, I will actually be able to afford this city. The third firm I haven't heard back from yet which is okay because, although I loved them, the position was a step down from my Art Director level.

I am enamored with both firms in consideration and actually have an interview yet on Monday with the créme de la créme of design. I don't know how I will ever decide because they are such different yet wonderful environments.

More to come on the firms themselves maybe later. I'm trying to be a bit discreet (although half of you readers I've probably already told!). The most beautiful thing of all is that they all have such warm and easygoing vibes in addition to gorgeous design work. Obviously I'm prepared to work my ass off and find a place I'm passionate about, but I really clicked with the people and I've come to realize over the years, that is really the most important thing about any job.

I adore NYC so much and have had plans with all my awesome friends and sister throughout the week that have made me feel like a real New Yorker already. This weekend is no exception — busy busy busy!

Shockingly, I also cannot wait to start the apartment hunting. Anybody have any leads?

No comments: