Wednesday, November 12, 2008

IRAQ WAR ENDS!!! Front page of the New YOrk Times today.

So on the train today, a man's NYT caught my eye with this huge exciting headline!
After some anxious and exciting googling back at my desk, turns out it was a huge spoof that folks were passing out for free at major subway stations. The group created the special edition from a future in which we are accomplishing what we know today to be possible. So sad that this is only a spoof but here's hoping. I wish I could get my hands on one because they are sure to be collector's items.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I actually did an OMG moment when I read this one, Mel.

Not quite sure how I feel about it, but interesting spoof none the less.

skydiving in stilettos said...

You?!?! Imagine seeing it on the train over someone's shoulder and then going to cnn.com and nyt.com and wondering why all these news sources weren't displaying this as breaking news!?!?

I spent a good 45 minutes in false hope & utter confusion!