Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Tuesday Duathlon

Well... I'm back! Finally healed (at least I feel like it) from my SECOND tibial stress fracture in the last 3 years of my marathon career (the first happened after I finished my first and was two inches above my current one). Last night I did a 5K run with a decent 9:24 pace and then immediately after did a 20 mile nice bike ride on some serious hills through Waterville, Perrysburg, Maumee (Sidecut Park is SO pretty), up the crazy Fallen Timbers memorial hill and then back home.

As far as the running, I felt great. It was the perfect crisp weather and the sun was shining and glorious. My leg and ankles felt fine but I was huffing and puffing and sweating as if I'd never run a day in my life. I'm kinda flabbergasted at that. My last run before I ended my training for the Nashville Marathon (which is BTW this weekend -- so excited to cheer on my sister on her second full, boyfriend at his first (which he blames me for!) and dad on his first half marathon!) was on February 18. So basically its been two months since I've really run. But why do I feel so out of shape? I used to be able to pick up 5 or 6 miles easily after 3 or 4 months off! And this time, I've actually been swimming hardcore several miles a week anyhow! I'm pretty irritated and as my birthday looms on Saturday wonder: is this old age?!? Let's hope its a fluke and will subside soon because there are a lot of road races and triathlons I have my eye on this summer.

Anyhow, despite feeling so outta shape during my run portion of my workout, I'm still awfully proud of myself. I feel like I'm finally feeling like myself again!

No comments: