Monday, October 27, 2008

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Wowsers. Its a whirlwind over here. So much to blog about! But I will space it out a little. . . maybe another post tonight. I do promise to be better about the blogging frequency now that my life is starting to settle and take shape.

But BIG news! I have reached my fund-raising goal for the marathon! $2,503.40 is going to an amazing charity that is a very big part of my family's (in particular my sister Tessa's) life. Thank you so much to everyone. Its funny because so many people who donated said I'm an "inspiration" which, if you remember, is the most amazing and touching compliment to me. It is you folks who are inspiring for opening your wallets in such tough economic times to help out me, and more importantly, these amazing disabled athletes and generous volunteers. I can't imagine that the marathon could possibly be any more fulfilling and incredible as the fundraising.

Also, I was actually blogged about by someone else! There's an article about my fundraising/blogging escapades on the firstgiving blog and the online fundraising blog! SO COOL!!!

So again, thank you so much. I couldn't have done this without my amazing friends and family! I'll be thinking of each and everyone of you in the 4-5 hours it takes for me to kick this beast's a** on Sunday!!!

No comments: