Tuesday, August 26, 2008

My Sick Cat and My Worried Niece

My 18-year-old cat Midnight is not faring well lately folks. Hopefully you will not be getting any other updates and that she'll just start feeling better.

In the meantime, I thought I would exchange how awesome my 4-year-old niece Madeline is.

On my phone call today, I asked Madeline if she would pray for Midnight before she went to bed.

She said "No. I don't pray before bed. I pray when I'm in church with my Mom because that's where all that praying stuff happens."

Later Jessica reports another conversation with Maddy (she had no idea about my conversation with her earlier):
Maddy: Mommy, you look nice. Are you going to church?
Jessica: No, I'm going to dinner.
Maddy: Is church open today?
Jessica: Probably.
Maddy: Can we go later?
Jessica (clueless) Um, no, because you'll be in bed when I come home. How about Sunday?
Maddy: No. I have to go tonight so I can pray for Midnight.

TOO CUTE!

3 comments:

merseydotes said...

I can report that, yes, Jessica did indeed look very nice tonight, though I'm not sure she'd wear the halter top to church.

Anonymous said...

For the record, we do pray before bed, but she just usually says, "Thanks God," and then lays down. She's not a very verbose pray-er.

Sarah said...

Cute story! I hope Midnight is feeling better. I have 2 kitties that I love like children so I know how hard it its when they are sick....I can't even imagine having one for 18 years!