Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rugrats in Tow

Today is the day! My 4-year-old niece Madeline and 1 1/2 year-old nephew Eli are coming to Boston for a long weekend today! Of course they are also bringing my sister Jessica and my brother-in-law Bill as well. Apparently Madeline last night wanted to go to bed as early as 7pm because she was so excited about today (me too but I had cookies to ice and and a website to update for a freelance client). It will be a fun weekend of Red Sox, picnics, and lots of play! The only unfortunate thing is that it comes on a ridiculous week of work... I'm slammed and really need to squeeze in some later nights or weekend working for a presentation on Monday (and a hundred other deadlines) -- may have to do some working through Dora the Explorer or something this weekend. Boo.

So although I hope to sneak out one or two quickie runs in, the training will slow down a little. I did 4 1/2 last night (in fast speed too!)... but we'll be walking a lot and I'll be picking up a long run on Monday night. I think its okay though actually because I picked up a lot of mileage last week and should back off a little and rest my muscles that are in shock right now so I can start adding mileage more gradually.

No comments: