Friday, July 25, 2008

Off to NYC

Well I've been frantic all week with an insane work schedule so now I am rushing off to NYC feeling a bit ill-prepared (both with the packing and mentally for the race). Let's hope the next few days I can rest and get excited for Sunday morning at 7am when I start the Nike NYC Half Marathon. Last year I did 2:08:59 which is pretty good for a slow runner like myself. This year (although I do have an eventual goal to break 2 hours), my goal is about 2:10 or even 2:15 I'd also be happy for... especially given the heat and chance of thunderstorms.

If you're interested, NYRR website has a link where you can get my updates emailed to you... I'm bib number 13996 and Tessa is 13997.

My sister Tessa is also a bit nervous but I'm sure it will be fine and a lot of fun for us both!

No comments: